Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy July ~ Day 1

Happy July everyone! July is my favorite month. It's SUN, parties, SUN, birthdays, SUN, lounging, SUN, fresh fruit, more SUN, and just all around SUN... I mean fun! I just love July! Here is a great picture of our house. (I changed my color to red in honor of July. I think I'll go back to pink soon.)

Oops... not the picture I was talking about when I wanted you to see the view... (just kidding... story below.) Here's the house:


I want to start flying an American flag on the holidays. It is something that we did as a kid, and I want to do it for our family as well. I asked Doug if we could mount one of those (he thinks they are cheezy... as you can tell by the picture) brackets on the house that you slide the flag pole into. (I don't think he means to offend any of you that have them...I think for us, he thinks it would be cheezy. It would get lost on our hosue...) He looked at me, and asked where would we mount one of "those things"? I said I don't know, and I don't care, I just want to fly a flag. He said "OK". This is what I got! Isn't he awesome! We'll fly it for about a week, but as you can tell by the next picture, technically, we could fly it all the time. (See the next picture.) We won't though, because it blocks the view from the top window. Isn't he awesome?



This is our night shot.

So the story about Chase. Our kids LOVE to slip-and-slide. They go all the way down the hill, it is great! Chase was really tired on this day (a few days ago) and I took him in the house and put him down for a nap. He thinks he can decide when his naps are done and he gets himself up without sleeping. He did so on this day. Came outside (Doug claims he had underwear on, the proof is in the picture...) and well, there you have it. He was doing the slip-and-slide, "butt naked!" I had to take a picture, and then he got in trouble.

So today is my first official post for posting everyday for a month. We'll see how it goes. I was laying in bed thinking today about what I'd post (it's going to be a long day, I needed to do it early, we're picking blue3berries today) and I thought if this goes well, maybe I'd do a month where I post entirely about the kids ~ what they say and do. Tt would be fun, but I guess I'll just have to wait-and-see how this month goes.




1 comment:

Charisse Baxter said...

NAKED KID! HAHAHAHAHA. Ooh, sunburn. He's gotten tall and skinny - for a minute there, I thought it was Bryce. (Sorry, B.)

Love the flag! I wish I were up there with you guys for the weekend!