Friday, July 3, 2009

Good Times ~ Day 3

Tonight I made Jell-O No-Bake Cheesecake Dessert for dessert. (Monday and Friday nights are "pazzert" night.) I think they call it a "dessert" because it's just glorified, flavored jell-o. Slap it in a graham cracker crust and ta-da. It sure does taste pretty good, nonetheless.



So the reason I bring this up is, back in the day, my best friend and I, Kristin, spent many a summer day, walking to Smith's (that's a grocery store for all you non-Utahan's). We'd pool our money and buy steaks and Jell-O No-Bake Cheesecake. We'd walk back home, usually to her house and make the cheesecake (dessert) and BBQ our steaks. If I remember right, her parents had a briquette BBQ. Awesome. I vaguely remember us pouring A LOT of lighter fluid all over the BBQ each time we'd start it. Anyway, after we had our steak, we'd eat the WHOLE cheesecake. Good times.

1 comment:

Charisse Baxter said...

"Vaguely remember" the lighter fluid? Is that effect and cause? Ha. Where was I when all this steak-and-dessert-ing was going on? I might have to go to the store.