Monday, July 20, 2009

Blog Stalking ~ Day 20

Ambri asks me once in a while, "whose blog is that?" and I reply, "I have no idea." She looks at me strangely and then walks away. Here is one of those that I found today while "Blog Stalking".


We ate at the Olive Garden tonight.

There was a time in my life, a younger time, when I thought very highly of the Olive Garden. True Italian! Bottomless bread sticks! They taught you Italian while you peed! What more could you want?


With age, time, I have grown out of this love - sure, they still have fantastic bread sticks and salads, but it ends there. They even got rid of my favorite, my usual, Chicken Giardino. And the chocolate lasagna? No where to be found. Either my tastes have grown, or ye olde Olive Garden has slipped from it's standings.

Yet there we sat tonight, a $25 gift card in our hands, waiting for our food. And while I wait, I tend to slip into habits. People watching habits. Mark* hates this, can't stand when I stare at people and is always trying to reign me in.

Tonight however, proved to be worthwhile.

I sat watching a group of three women at the table next to us. First because the one kept answering her cell phone, which I sort of find to be rude. (People watching though? Nah...) And then their bread sticks were served.

One of them pulled out a stick of butter FROM HOME, WRAPPER STILL ATTACHED and rubbed it onto her bread stick before each bite.

I wish I was making this up.

It gets better though, not only was she dipping her bread stick in butter, but she was talking, nay, GUSHING about how much she loved butter.

"I LOVE butter. Not margarine, nuh uh, I'm talkin' REAL BUTTAH..."

Mark practically had to put blinders on me. I couldn't stop the staring. How was I supposed to resist that?!


Hunh.

No comments: