Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 23 ~ It's gonna get hot!

Here's the birthday invitation that I am doing for Chase's birthday party that is coming up. I decided against a car or train invitation because it is going to be so hot next week.




Poor Oakli doesn't understand why she isn't having a party with friends. My kids start their friends parties at the age of 5, and then they only get a "friends" party on the odd year. She turns 4, 10 days after Chase turns 5. I guess we'll just have to try to figure that one out 10 days later.

On another not so happy note, Doug chopped Oakli's glasses up in the lawn mower today. The kids have been swimming in the pool every day, and I guess she got too lazy to walk up to the deck with her glasses and just laid them on the grass. I guess that right there sealed the deal for the glasses. They would have either been lost or stepped on anyway. All the kids brought me were the lenses. No frames, just 2 lenses with small chunks missing from each of them; just past the point of the lenses being salvageable, and at the same time my mind (note the word MIND, not lips) is screaming, "why are you bringing these to me?" I guess I can't say that I'm that mad, Chase hasn't been able to find his glasses for the last two days, and I haven't done a thing about it. It must be summer.

Hunh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

bummer on the glasses! We have three in them so far, they sure are cute, but they are a PAIN!

And on the previous post...glad the migraines are easing up. I deal with those. NO FUN! Take care of yourself!