Saturday, July 4, 2009

Todays Best's ~ Day 4

Happy Independence Day everyone! I was going to write some profound thing about the Declaration of Independence, it's meaning to me or something like that, but I just didn't have the time today. As you can see by the date stamp, I am running short of it today. It was an action packed, but very relaxing day (if that made any sense at all). It was the best kind of holiday there is. It was spent with family, great friends, food, fun, fireworks, sun, lots of water for the kids, and plenty of relaxation. Like I said, the best!

It started out with some hot air balloons. I didn't get to ride in them, I just saw some while I was out on my walk this morning. It was a heart warming sight. Something about seeing hot air balloons that always makes me feel good inside. Then it was off for breakfast. It looked like this:



Yep, red, white and blue pancakes. They still tasted great, even though they looked a bit strange. Chase only want3ed blue ones, and Oakli only wanted "pink" ones. Everyone was satisfied in the end (even the chickens - they got the leftovers).

We had a great afternoon down at the river. (We live right by the river and go down to our "private beach" often.) We played, ate, and played more. Oakli summed it up nicely here:



She is IN the river while she is eating a S'more. More pictures to come another day. This day I have to go to bed, because soon, it will be a new day, and that day is coming soon and it will be a Sunday, where I have to get up early. Here's one last picture from a wonderful Independence Day.



Happy Birthday, America!

~ Kari

1 comment:

Jon and Jessica said...

happy 4th Burtons! Give your kids a hug for me! Love you all