Monday, July 6, 2009

Totally Random Thoughts ~ Day 6

Today I changed my mind. I can do that, right? Of coarse I can, I'm a mom! I was going to write about the idea I got yesterday while I was writing, but I'm still not going to tell you that idea, because I'm saving that for another day. Today I have been going about, saving the world, as only a mother can, and I've had several random thoughts that I decided to blog about. So here goes my total randomness...

~ I am sick to death of Michael Freaking Jackson.

~ I made 3 matches from the lost socks bin while doing laundry today.



~ My kids think they are entitled to everything. Boy do they have another think coming.

~ What do you get the husband for his birthday, who has everything? (Not really everything, just the impossible one to shop for.) This one worries me because I am running out of time. He is such a snoop that he finds out things that I am getting him, that I haven't even gotten yet.

~ Oakli wants to know "Where’s my yucky corner?", and she has informed me that her Ariel Blankie is a "her". (FYI, yucky corner is on the Ariel Blankie. And a 2nd FYI, Blankie is the 2nd part of the proper name of her blanket.) I think I failed that one. I was determined that none of my kids would be attached to anything. I was successful for the first 3. Then one day someone said to me, "oh, she's the baby, let her have it." It's been that way ever since. (Now I direct your attention back up 2 random thoughts.) Sigh.

~ How come today of all days, everyone wants to use MY iPod? Huh, huh? Can you tell me why?

~ The other day when I was on my walk, there was a dog that got hit by a truck. It didn't kill the dog, it just hurt one paw. I'm not a huge dog lover, so I wasn't that sad by this. The dog was actually chasing me, so maybe you can see why I feel this way. The owner was standing there watching the dog chase me and he did nothing to call the dog back. I'm not mad that the guy didn't call the dog back, I guess justice was paid in a sad sort of way. It is against the law here (I think it is in most places) for people to let their dogs run loose. My brother-in-law totaled a car a while back because he hit a neighbors dog. He ran into another neighbors tree, while trying to miss the dog, but still go the dog. The owner of the dog had to pay for everything, even though the dog was killed.

~ And lastly, I find myself saying to my kids, "leave me alone for a minute, I need to poop in peace." Huh.

1 comment:

Charisse Baxter said...

I am so glad that you also know it's "THINK". Sooooo many people try to tell me so-and-so has another "thing" coming, and that just DOESN'T WORK.

That last one is another for that list of things you never thought you'd hear yourself say. Heh.