Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Grow Red, White, and Blue... Sort of ~ Day 2

Happy July everyone... again!

I wanted to show you my patriotism by what I am growing. My most important things this year are red, white, and blue (sort of).

RED: (I think the most important - of coarse)

Here's my close up. If you can tell, this raspberry is in the palm of my hand. I'm showing this picture for size. It's it so pretty? (and HUGE?!?!?!) I think they are the most important because raspberries are my favorite fruit. Doug has worked long and hard to get me the perfect producing plants. They grow big berries that taste awesome. This year he planted me even more plants, despite the fact that I am the only one in the family that really LOVES them. I now have 95 plants! Yes, I have counted them.

Next is WHITE .
Well, it really isn't white, but it was the best I could do. It is rather patriotic though. Just think amber waves of grain. You get the point. We have have 17 acres of wheat that we are growing this year. Our kids love it because they run and play in it, and literally get lost in there. The wheat is taller than the kids are. Too fun.


Last is BLUE.
I would have put this one first, because technically it is the most important to us financially, but it just didn't fit with my post, red, white, and blue. Again, you get a close-up for WOW factor. Love the size of those babies! Those are my fingers next to the blueberries on the plant.
What do you get when you have a blueberry plant that is over-worked, and under-paid? A really good blueberry plant! This one is totally LOADED and ready to be picked.


No comments: