Monday, March 8, 2010

What's Up?

I have had these pictures for so long, that I now feel guilty for posting them:

Well, it looks like only one turned out okay, so strike the "s" in pictures. It's a picture of my fabric closet. Why you ask? Well, it is one thing that I actually got done that I am supremely proud of. I saw the idea on a blog, and I feel terrible now that I can't find the link to share with you all, but she had this awesome download that you could print off cute labels to go around your fabric. After seeing her awesome closet, I went to my pathetic closet and my first thought was not that I should organize it, but where could I put more fabric. I didn't have more to put in there, but I wanted more. I wish I had a picture of it before to show you. It was so jammed full of fabric, the doors wouldn't shut completely. Guess what? All the fabric that was in there before, is still in there now! Too cool! I took it all out (boy was it heavy...) and found long lost fabric that I had forgotten about. I got my green cutter mat out...for measuring and set to work. It was more work that I thought it would be, but I am so happy that I did it! I started by measuring how deep my cabinet is (about 11" I think) so I folded all my fabric 10". I folded in all the raw edges and then rolled it up. I measured each piece and wrote on the cute little label how much I have of each piece. Then I taped the label around it and viola! I organized them all by color and put it all back. I put extra labels in an envelope and taped it to the inside of the door, so when I bring home new fabric I can just put it right away. It is so nice to just open the cabinet and see right away what I have. It made me want to go out and buy colors that I am missing, but I have resisted so far.

Other items checked off the list include:

Taxes
Cleaning
Girls Room ~ Blog entry to follow with pictures
Book Reports
Olympics ~ oh, it is finally over (we were obsessed)
Daffodills ~ it's finally spring!
Spring Cleaning
Etsy
First Aid merit badge ~ Go Bryce!
Cleaning ~ not really, but it's on the never ending list
Exercise

No comments: