Saturday, March 27, 2010

Scripture Fix-Up

I finally got around to changing the tabs on my scriptures. I had some that fell off and I couldn't find them to put them back on, so I HAD to replace the tabs, because I didn't want to replace the scriptures. I decided to shake it up a bit and make them PINK. Yes, I knnow, big surprise. I also decided to go an nontraditional way, and do it in my own handwriting. Several years ago, I had my handwriting made into a font, so I did not have to write them all out. Here's what I did:

sad. missing. labels.

Print out the new tabs onto fun colored cardstock. I couldn't use plain-jane black, that would just be boring. Plus I can't print on black. Make sure you test so that your words will fit in the small space.

Remove the existing tabs. I did this one at a time, so I didn't get anything mixed up.

Cut out each new tab with a circle punch and put glue on the back of each circle. I used a glue stick.

Put it in the right place and rub it down so it is secure.

Trim the new tab so it is flush with your page.

See the awesome progress?

Now it is done! Sorry for the bad picture, it got late and I had to use the flash.

It turned out so great! I am glad to have it finished. Now I have fully functioning tabs again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to really personalize your scriptures. I love you idea and it looks great!

Unknown said...

What a great idea!