Thursday, February 19, 2009

That 90's Dress

I though more about last night's post and also because I talked to a friend on the phone today about my whole weight loss thing. Well, I guess I'll use "friend" loosely, because she had no idea that I had lost weight, even though I talk to her pretty regularly, and see her weekly at church and at school functions. To me it should be obvious, I guess some people are just oblivious. Anyway, when you are working so hard to loose weight, it really consumes you. It is all you think about, dream about, talk about, work-out for, eat for, sleep for, etc... To me me, the changes have been hard to see, because, well, I see myself every day and the changes have been so gradual it has been very difficult to actually see the changes, and therefore accept them. People have commented on them, but because they have been difficult for me to see, it has been hard for my mind to get wrapped around it. I guess in the end, the clothes don't lie, even when they are lying on the floor, around your ankles because they won't stay around your waist. (That's a good thing, right?) I have had major moments that are starting to nail it all down for me. I think if I have enough of them, the corners will be3 nailed into place. I was helping Chase make enough room on the bonus room floor to set up his train set. There were so many dress up clothes out that you literally couldn't see the floor. As we were cleaning them up, I picked up one of my old dresses from when I first got married. I really liked that dress and never could get rid of it. I didn't get to wear it for long, b3cause the post-married life helped me gain a few extra pounds pretty quickly. It stayed in the back of my closed for the longest time, for that time when I would loose the weight and get to wear the dress again. Well, it made it into the dress-up box and is still there. For old-time's sake, I pulled it out to see if it would fit. I was already dressed for today and so I decided that I'd just throw it on over the clothes and just not do up the buttons. Talk about nailing in the nail, I could even do up the buttons, 3even with my clothes on under the dress! Yippee! Too bad the dress is totally 90's style. It was a cute one too! I always wondered what I weighed when I got married (there were just some things that I forgot). Now I know!

1 comment:

Amy said...

That's so awesome you have done well with this challenge. It is all consuming and hard when people don't notice your efforts. It's nice to have a pat on the back every once in awhile. I bet putting on that dress felt great, the best pat on the back there could be.