Monday, January 26, 2009

Loosing Weight... well, sucks.




I guess literally, if it could "suck" that would be great, but that isn't really what I meant. If any of you are following my sister's blog, you may know that we are doing a family weight loss challenge (or something along these lines). We have 5 weeks and 4 days left, not that anyone is counting, and there is $1000 in the pot. I mean, who wouldn't try to loose an insane amount of weight in 4 months? I'm litterally working my butt off and it is working. I feel great (only after my agonizing trek on the treadmill each day). I dread getting up each day knowing that I have to exercise, but once it's over then I can get on with my life. I guess that isn't really true either, because once it's over I've resolved that I'll still have to exercise every day after this crazy competition is over anyway. Maybe not 5 miles a day. I guess I'll settle for 4.8.

I guess this post is more just a let it all out, wondering if I'll get over the hunger stage (my family is downstairs having dessert after FHE and I'll go in the other room and gulp down a large glass of water.) Maybe it will be worth it in the end and I'll win the money, probably not. I think my brother has more motivation than I do, although I'd like to think I'll look better in a bathing suit when this is all finished. Either way, none of my clothes fit any longer. At least my shoes all still fit. (not that I have THOSE shoes, but don't they look nice?) I guess on the bright side, I don't like Oreo's anyway.

2 comments:

The Ditto clan said...

Good luck Kari, I would love to have a challenge like that with $1000 in the jackpot. I've been using this great website
www.sparkpeople.com. It's helped me to lose weight, even though I have a ways to go. Keep us posted on your progress.

Ringleader said...

Not sure which brother you're worried about. This one isn't properly motivated, or wasn't until he read your post. But I agree you will DEFINITELY look better in a bathing suit than I ever could.