Monday, January 5, 2009

Charisse tagged me to write about my quirks and I thought about it for a while. My first thought was “I don’t have any.” Then I figured that they aren’t quirks to you, just to other people. So I had to ask other people what my quirks were. First off, I have to say that some of Charisse’s quirks are also mine, so maybe they aren’t quirks at all.

1. I too (like Charisse, or Charisse like me) sleep with my ears all covered up. I snuggle all down and have to have them all covered, no matter where I am. Just my ears, not my whole face. I usually sleep on my side (so one ear is already covered) and then pull the blanket over the other ear.

2. (the other one like Charisse) I don’t eat blue food. I have to say in both of our defense, BLUEBERRIES are not blue. They are purple!

3. When I travel, I take my own pillow and blanket with me, no matter where I go in the world. It’s not a “security” thing, I just like to have my own stuff. (So is that really a “security” thing?) I’ve taken my pillow to many different continents, Doug teases me that I’ve taken my pillow all over the world. I made a “half pillow” so that I wasn’t hauling such a bulky one with us on our travels.

4. My sister-in-law pointed out that although a “cup-o-soup” does have the word “cup” in it, it is soup, and therefore, should be eaten out of a bowl. So by me making my cup-o-soup in a cup (not even a mug, I use a tall glass cup) that is definitely a huge quirk.

5. When I am in the car and someone rolls their window down, I HAVE to have another window down or cracked on the other side of the car. My ears just can’t handle it. I don’t know what it is, but one window won’t cut it, it’s either 2 or bust!

6. I drink a lot of water lately because I exercise a lot and I’m working on losing weight. When I drink the water, it has to be almost warm. That is kind of mis-leading though… not really warm, I don’t like warm water, but if it is too cold, I can’t drink it because I like to chug the water so I can drink more of it. If it is too cold I get the frozen headache, so if it is too cold, I can't drink enough of it in a day. Doug kind of gives me a hard time about it, but it suits me well, as do all of my “quirks”.

2 comments:

Charisse Baxter said...

Dude. You're so weird.






Totally kidding! Although the pillow and the car window thing are kinda nutty... except that they both make sense, too. Huh.

How's this for a quirk? You're on vacation in HAWAII, responding to a blog tag! Wack-eee!

Amy said...

I have the same issue with the car window. It drives me nuts to have one down. It makes that weird bumpy sound (for lack of a better word). My ears hurt just thinking about it.