Friday, April 10, 2009

Food Storage Wrap-Up

I've had lots of sticks in the fire these last few weeks, so I'll wrap up the food storage issue and then hopefully in the next day or so get a few pictures posted of the project that I've been working on (It's still a secret - okay, I'm painting the girls bedroom. It's taking so long because I'm doing each wall different, and two of the walls have designs on them. Some secret, eh?).

Food Storage, focus.

I think I have devised a pretty good system that is working for us. It looks like this:


So after I got everything inventoried and figured out what I needed more of, I made this little chart and hung it on a clip board. Now only send out people for stuff that can write and each time they take something out of the storage room, they have to write it on the list. It is actually working really good. Now when I go shopping, I know exactly what to buy! I have a master list on the computer that I can compare it to if I need to, but this is working so well! We have actually gone through 3 of these already. They don't have to writ3e (note the previous post on my "3" relationship) down things that are canned b3ecause that will just get replaced in the summer - oh I can't wait for summer - when I do canning but anything that is purchased goes on the list. It was just nice to get everything inventoried, organized, and things purchased that I was running short on. Here are some other pictures of how it looks now...









3 comments:

Amy said...

You make me sick... in a good way! lol! Just call it shelf envy. Your selves look wonderful and I love your clipboard system. I don't think we are quite to that yet, know one is reading and writing that well, yet. lol! I will have to keep that in mind though. Great job!

Patti said...

You had me at "inventoried."

You are truly a domestic goddess. I was impressed at list on the clipboard. But then I got to the part that you can AND bottle stuff. And THEN, I saw the pictures of how organized it all is. You should do seminars or write books or something.

Patti said...

P.S. I just showed my sister the pictures and told her... She said to tell you she's "coming over." (I don't think she realizes where you live.) BTW, she is a food storage QUEEN, so that is quite a compliment from her. She says hi and thinks your kids are adorable--especially your mini-Kari (Ambri)!