Monday, January 11, 2010

...

looks like my "new attempt" was not so successful. i suppose i could blame it on being busy, or reading other cool blogs, the fact that Bryce had another birthday (darn that kid, stop it!), the laundry continuing to pile up...even though i don't want it to, or maybe the fact that that i did Christmas cards, made awesome gingerbread houses at kindergarten with Chase and Oakli, reading hordes of Christmas cards (thanks!), took Chase to the ER on Christmas Eve to get "glued" back together, had a great Christmas, cleaned up Christmas, put away all the Christmas decorations and celebrated New Year's too. maybe it is that i've re-discovered crafting again...in many different forms, swimming lessons for Chase and Oakli, scouts for Bryce, Achievement days for Ambri, 5 miles a day for me (still), sewing projects (only the necessary ones - darn those scout shirts!), movies, a messy house that i haven't cleaned, jewelry projects that i want to get done, messes that i don't know how they got there, a new church calling that is giving me "panic", major kid drama, ice skating on our pond, Doug's new High Council assignment with the Spanish branch, Ambri's (I mean Bryce...) careful planning each day to get her hair and clothes just right for school... maybe just maybe it is one or two of those things... or maybe it is just sheer laziness.

in any case, i'm still here, in one form or another.

4 comments:

Amy said...

A few of those things need to be elaborated on. Chase needing to be glued back together and your new calling for starters. I discovered that I live right around the corner from Chelsea. I saw Chrissom and the baby at our church building a couple of Sunday's ago. They are in the 3rd ward, we are in the 2nd ward. How cool is that?

Abby said...

Well, I am certainly glad you are still here! And I love that you are being crafty, because it results in my getting adorable Christmas gifts from you! I so love the Family Home Evening jar you made. What a great idea.

P.S. What happened to Chase on Christmas Eve?

Kari said...

Poor Chase... he "couldn't find the light switch because it was dark..." so he went in the room without turning on the light, in search of a piece of paper. He climbed up on the table to get a piece of paper out of the printer, like the kids have done hundreds of times before, and his "hand just slipped". Next thing I knew, his chin was split open. It's a hard wood floor in here and it just smacked right on the floor. It was pretty deep, but not bleeding all over the place, so we decided he needed to go in, because there was no way he would ever be able to keep the chin "closed" on his own. I should have just glued it shut myself. Stupid ER! He is such a boy, it bled over and over again before it finally healed, he will still have a huge scar, plus the stupid trip still is going to cost us $750 because we don't have insurance to cover the stupid trip. Oh well. (Boy, that was a long explaination!)

Unknown said...

I think you're doing pretty good. I am so far behind after telling myself I was going to be better. Oh well! What can you do. I think you've got me beat.